Having trouble sleeping? Tired of being in a very stressful environment? Dealing with anxiety? Sometimes, what we need is a time to relax and nothing can be a more perfect way to unwind ourselves than traveling to a peaceful destination. However, traveling is something we cannot always achieve because of our work commitments and other inescapable obligations. Interestingly, we can now achieve such kind of meditation even without traveling. Calm is a very unique app that provides meditation programs that help you lower your stress and your anxiety level. It is also an effective meditation app that helps you get into sleep using its huge library of sleep stories and relaxing music. Interestingly, Calm is a perfect mindfulness app for beginners, but also includes hundreds of programs for intermediate and advanced users.
How Calm app works?
Creating an account is optional during the seven-day free trial but it would be necessary when you decide to avail of their plans after the trial period. The app will then ask a few more questions to tailor your experience, including whether you’re interested in meditation so they can recommend a perfect program to reach your goal more effectively. Programs are divided up by days (most are seven days long, so you can try a full one during your free trial) and teach your practical tips that will help you stay calm, manage your stress levels and cope with difficult situations. The home screen of the app will give you quick access to many available tools, programs, and activities including daily Calm mindfulness exercise, a selection of relaxing music, a set of two-minute lessons, mental fitness guides, sleep stories, and guided meditations, and many more.
Guided Meditations– Join the millions experiencing lower stress, less anxiety, and more restful sleep with the app’s guided meditations, Sleep Stories, breathing programs, masterclasses, and relaxing music. Each program is written by experts and read aloud so you can listen without distractions.
Advanced Meditation Programs– Calm is the perfect mindfulness app for beginners, but also includes hundreds of programs for intermediate and advanced users.
Life-Changing Calm Masterclasses– Experience Life-changing Calm Masterclasses taught by world-renowned experts.
Track Your Progress– Calm loads up a simple progress page where it shows you your current streak, how many sessions you have done, and total meditation time. It also provides a monthly view of days you have to meditate.
Sleep Stories – This app comes with more than hundreds of Sleep Stories including adult bedtime stories that are guaranteed to lull you to sleep
Relaxing Music– Calm also features exclusive music engineered to help you focus, relax, or sleep. There is also a huge library of soothing nature sounds and scenes to use during meditation, yoga, or to help you sleep.
Download & Install Calm
- Calm requires an Android version 4.0 or higher
- It has a Content Rating suitable for everyone
- For Android, the app size is 91 MB so it won’t really hurt much of your phone storage
- Calm requires a stable Internet connection.
- The app will ask you to grant permission to access Wifi Connection Information, Photos/Media/Files, Storage, and more.
- Calm for iOS requires iOS version 12.0 or later/ watchOS version 6.0 or higher
- This app is compatible with various Apple products (iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch)
- The Age Rating for Calm is (4+)
- Calm for iOS is currently on its version 5.8 with recent updates providing improvements, brand new offers, and more
- The download size for iOS is 130.9MB
- The app is available in multiple languages